Sunday School: Health Issues
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you some topics on health and wellness. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many other courses available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Asthma 101
- "In this course, students will also learn how to identify risk factors for contracting asthma as well as a understand the background into genetic information that may be associated with the condition. Managing asthma is also a focus of this course, and students will learn how to provide and contribute to long-term therapy and approaches to asthma treatment following a diagnosis"
- Diabetes 101
- "This introductory course regarding the topic of diabetes is designed to offer students a general understanding of what diabetes is, how it's diagnosed and how it's managed. Students will also learn the anatomy of diabetes, the body organs involved, and the different types of diabetes with which a person may be diagnosed."
- Yoga 101
- "Yoga is accessible to everybody. This course is designed to give you the information you need to decide on the perfect combination that will make your practice the most enjoyable and satisfying. You will be guided through the steps for beginner yoga poses and meditation, with emphasis on concentrated deep breathing."
- Psychology 101
- "Why not learn the basics of psychology with our online course designed to give students the most flexibility and independence? Psychology 101 is a comprehensive class providing an up-to-date presentation of the fundamentals of psychology. It's an excellent resource for any age student curious to learn about the extensive amounts of knowledge explaining human behavior."
- Nutrition 101
- "Improve your health and your life through nutrition and exercise. Create nutrition and health goals to motivate you to become a healthier you. Make meaningful, lasting changes to your diet that last."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.