Sunday School: Software Applications
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you master some of the most recent software applications. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many other courses available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Excel 2013
- "This course will teach you the skills you'll need to successfully use Excel 2013. Each lesson contains step-by-step instructions and explanations to show you how to use all the features, and also provides video tutorials on how everything is done. You don't need previous experience with Excel to be able to complete this course. This course will start with basic skills, then move forward to more advanced features and techniques."
- Advanced Excel 2013
- "This advanced Excel course goes beyond the basics of Excel and explores the advanced features that make this the most popular spreadsheet program available today. Picking up where our Excel 2013 online course leaves off, this course delves into Excel's world of functions and formulas, teaching you how to use Excel to enter, manage, calculate and display any type of data."
- PowerPoint 2013
- "In this course, you're going to learn how to use the major, important features of PowerPoint 2013 starting from the most basic on through to advanced techniques. Once you've finished the course, you'll be able to create stunning slideshows – and even convert those slide shows to movie formats to display on a website as a presentation."
- OneNote 2013
- "OneNote 2013 is a note-taking program that comes bundled with the Microsoft Office 2013 suite. Whereas MS Word is a word processing program that you can use to create documents, OneNote is simply a note taking program that you can use to take notes and organize those notes with pictures, tables, charts, as well as screen clippings from the web and other programs –and that's just the start. This course was designed to teach you how to successfully use OneNote 2013, even if you've never used previous versions."
- Microsoft Visio 2013
- "Microsoft Visio 2013 is a program used to create simple and complex drawings of all types and for all purposes. This course will teach you how to successfully use MS Visio 2013, no matter if you've ever used the program before or not. Both the beginner and seasoned Visio user can benefit from this course, starting with the basics of the program including navigation and continuing on to more advanced features. You do not need to have access to MS Visio 2013 to take or complete this course. However, it is recommended."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.