Sunday School: Alternative Medicine
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you with courses about different types of alternative medicine. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Chakras 101
- "Just what is a chakra? You may have heard the term in a yoga class or seen a chakra massage on your local spa's menu of services, but where did the idea of chakras originate and what associations can be found between chakras and our feelings of health and well-being? What is the connection between chakras and spirituality? How can understanding chakras help to illuminate alternative ways of remedying stress and ailments, and how are chakras integrated into other fields of study? In Chakras For Beginners, you will learn the answers to all of the questions above, as well as information on a variety of related topics."
- Healing Affirmations 101
- "This course provides an in-depth guide to healing many common physical, emotional and mental ailments through conscious thought correction and healing affirmations. Increasingly, science has shown that there is a deep connection between our thoughts, emotions and our physical state. This course will explore this concept in detail and provide tools for the novice, as well as the seasoned metaphysical practitioner to effectively harness the power of positive affirmations as a healing tool."
- Auras: Viewing, Identifying and Understanding
- "In this course you will learn all about auras, including what they are, how to view them, all about chakras, experiencing your energy field, what aura colors mean, and how to strengthen and protect you aura. You will also learn how to make aura improvements, the healing powers associated with auras, and much more."
- Emotional Healing 101
- "This course details the process of how to heal from loss, disappointment, and other emotional trauma. It explores the physiological implications of certain chronic emotions such as anger or sadness, and discusses common emotional challenges. It also reviews techniques to promote emotional healing, and how to move forward after the process has been completed. Through understanding the impact of emotion and recognizing when a change must be made, the challenging and lengthy process of emotional healing can begin. This course discusses dealing with the emotional fallout from divorce, death of a loved one, challenges to spiritual life, and disappointment from unfortunate circumstances relating to finances, health and well-being, and other relationships. Techniques that promote emotional healing are also covered; medication and counseling, journaling and letter writing, art therapy, meditation, socializing, acts of service, and more are explored. Finally, addressing methods and considerations when moving forward after emotional healing and ways to maintain emotional health are outlined."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.