Sunday School: Workplace Safety
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you brush up on some courses related to Workplace Safety. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Personal Protective Equipment
- "This Personal Protective Equipment Course is designed to help those working in the various industries that utilize PPE (Personal Protective Equipment) as a means to protect the worker from the natural harm that comes into their work area. This online class discusses the various hazards that personal protective equipment is designed to protect the worker from and outlines the various pieces of personal protective equipment, such as hand wear, footwear, face protection, eye protection, garments, partial garments and other equipment used to protect the physical body, eyesight and hearing for workers who work in various capacities."
- Workers' Compensation 101
- "This course will take a close look at the entire Workers' Compensation system, from the filing of an initial claim, to a detailed look on how to choose the right doctor and lawyer, how to represent yourself in the absence of a lawyer, and, most importantly, a detailed look into the specific federal, state, and private benefits that are available to people who have become injured in their workplace."
- Workplace Safety 101
- "This course focuses on workplace safety, health, and inspection. Throughout this course you will learn what workplace safety is, why it is important and how it affects a business.
Fire signsCommon areas of workplace safety are discussed, including office safety, workplace hazards, and other areas. Additionally, you will learn preventative measures to help create a safer work environment which will benefit everyone."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.