Sunday School: Social Work
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will present three classes under the umbrella of Social Work. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Child Abuse Recognition, Investigation and Protection
- "Preventing child abuse is everyone's responsibility. This includes law enforcement personnel, educational personnel, medical personnel as well as family, friends, and neighbors. Child Abuse education is important so that students may recognize various aspects of child abuse, including neglect, sexual and physical abuse, and other forms of maltreatment. This course helps students understand the typical profiles of child abusers as well as the definitions of various forms and aspects of neglect and abuse."
- Domestic Violence 101
- "Domestic violence, sometimes called domestic abuse, is reaching epidemic proportions and affects men, women and children of all races and social and economic levels. In order to stem the tide of domestic abuse we have to not only stop the abuse and protect the victims, we also have to understand what triggers the abuse so that the next generation of families can learn to live abuse-free."
- Healthy Relationships 101
- "In this course you will learn about these skills and gain insight into why people misunderstand us or respond the way they do. We will also examine belief systems and their effect on relationships, as well as discuss unhealthy relationships, what to avoid, relationship games and traps that frequently occur, how a life script is developed and plays a role in forming long lasting relationships, the study of transactional analysis and other skills we can develop to help create more positive relationships. If you think people are impossible to understand, you may change your mind after working through this course. This study of relationships gives you the knowledge to improve all relationships in your life both--personal and professional."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.