Introducing HeritageQuest Online
BPL Adds New Genealogy Database
Beauregard Parish Library is proud to bring patrons a new genealogy databse, HeritageQuest Online. We add it to our existing genealogy resource, World Vital Records to bring our patrons the best resources possible. Our subscription to HeritageQuest Online begins August 1st, and you can find both by clicking the Genealogy link at left.
HeritageQuest® Online is a comprehensive treasury of American genealogical sources—rich in unique primary sources, local and family histories, and finding aids.
18th Century or 20th Century. European or Native American. Farm or Factory. East Coast or West Coast. Where does your American past begin?
Discover the amazing history of you with HeritageQuest Online. It delivers an essential collection of genealogical and historical sources—with coverage dating back to the 1700s—that can help people find their ancestors and discover a place’s past.
The collection consists of six core data sets:
- U.S. Federal Censuses feature the original images of every extant federal census in the United States, from 1790 through 1940, slave, veteran, and non-population schedules, and more related content.
- Genealogy and local history books provide more than 7 million digitized page images from over 28,000 family histories, local histories, and other books.
- Revolutionary War records provides access to the complete NARA Series M804 collection - Revolutionary War Pension and Bounty-Land Warrant Application Files, a collection of an estimated 83,000 application files from officers and enlisted men who served in the Revolutionary War in all branches of the American military: army, navy, and marines.
- Freedman’s Bank Records, with more than 480,000 names of bank applicants, their dependents, and heirs from 1865–1874, offers valuable data that can provide important clues to tracing African American ancestors and researching the Reconstruction Era.
Links to the following content are also available to the following collections:
- U.S. Congressional Serial Set records the memorials, petitions, private relief actions made to the U.S. Congress back to 1789, with a total of more than 480,000 pages of information.
- Periodical Source Index Archive published by the Allen County Public Library, is recognized as the most comprehensive index of genealogy and local history periodicals. It contains more than 2.3 million records covering titles published around the world since 1800.