Sunday School: Interpersonal Relations
Let's face it. We live in a world full of people, and sometimes it's hard to get along. With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you navigate that much easier by giving you a few key classes on interpersonal relations that you can use in both your personal and professional lives. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Communication with Diplomacy and Tact 101
- "Defined generally as communicating in ways that instill good feelings in others and avoid creating bad feelings, communicating with diplomacy and tact requires specific linguistic and nonlinguistic considerations. This course on Communicating with Diplomacy and Tact takes the student through various areas of communication research most relevant to this unique communication area. Students take a closer look at language and its specific usage and characteristics of particular nonverbal channels as a foundation for this course."
- Dealing With Difficult People
- "Dealing with a difficult or toxic personality can be damaging both emotionally and physically, particularly if the person is your boss or sitting in the cubicle right next to you. Confronting those who compromise your comfort and job security can be very difficult for many people, but standing up for yourself is essential in the workplace.
In 11 easy to follow lessons, students will learn to identify various types of difficult personalities and address conflict before it begins to chip away at their well-being and job satisfaction."
- Kinesics 101 - Learn How to Read Body Language
- "In this course you will learn what body language is, about different emotions, how to read body language and how to use the information to your personal and career advantage. You'll learn about cultural differences as it pertains to body language, the power of first impressions and intuition and how to ask the questions and be an active listener when you get responses."
- Assertiveness Training 101
- "Many people confuse assertiveness with aggression, anger, antagonism, hostility, or even bullying. Being assertive is none of these things. The perfect starting place when learning how to do something new is to be very clear about what that behavior or action is; what it is not; and what it means, looks like, and feels like. Whether you are having trouble being confident and assertive in your career or personal life, or if you are simply interested in learning more about this topic, this course will introduce you to a better way of getting what you want and need from the people in your life."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.