Sunday School: Memory and Concentration
Memory and Concentration
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you improve memory and concentration. Experts believe these areas can be exercised and improved with great results. Classes available through Universal Class are free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- How to Improve Your Memory
- "Memory is one of the most basic and important functions of the human brain. In fact, without memory we can't learn. Most people think of memory as how we recall past events, but it is also the building blocks for almost everything we do in the present and future. This course will explain how memory works, and will also cover
- Strategies to improve Memory,
- Peg Memory Systems,
- The Loci Method,
- Memorizing Numbers,
- SCAD: Learning to Become an 'Expert Witness',
- Faces and Names,
- Powerful Public Speaking,
- Everyday Memory Aids"
- How to Improve Your Concentration
- "This course consists of eleven distinct lessons that will explore the process of concentration, factors that affect and enhance concentration, and ways of improving the concentration process. We will delve into the thought process, and how different circumstances can affect one's ability to focus and concentrate effectively. Furthermore, we will investigate the relationship between focus and concentration."
- Memory and Concentration Techniques
- "Memory, concentration, focus, communication, problem solving and relationships all interconnect and interact to give us the information we need to function properly in the everyday world. This course will focus on these topics and explore how memory works, factors that affect and enhance memory, strategies to improve memory, the process of concentration, ways of improving the concentration process and how different circumstances can affect one's ability to focus and concentrate effectively."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.