Sunday School: Pet Care
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class is for people who want to know more about Pet Care classes that are available through Universal Class for free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards. There are over 15 different classes, and most are about dogs
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Dog & Cat First Aid, Care & Maintenance
- "Bringing home a new pet to join your family is always a fun and exciting time. But it also comes with a huge responsibility. This animal now depends on you for food, shelter, medical care, and companionship. In short, you hold their very life in your hands. This fun and informative course will help you cover all the basics of animal care. Every thing from feeding recommendations, bathing tips, and basic first aid topics are covered."
- Cat Care and Training 101
- "Understanding a cat is not as simple as understanding a dog. Cat care is not about learning to love a cat, but learning to ensure it is healthy and happy. This course is about finding a lifelong friend and ensuring it can accompany you for as long as possible, while you are still the smart one in the relationship--knowing about the medical and social needs of the pet. This course is the way all responsible pet owners should start out their pet-ownership--with respect for their animal and a knowledge of how to maximize the enduring relationship available with their dearest friend."
- Dog Training 101
- "A dog is a wonderful, entertaining and loyal companion. Bringing home a new dog to join your family is such a fun and exciting time. This fun and informative course will help you cover all the basics of dog care and training. Everything from feeding recommendations, bathing tips, training guides and basic first aid topics are included in just 12 easy-to-learn lessons. Just follow along and you'll be a pro in no time at all!"
- How to Care for House Pets
- "There are literally hundreds of different types of house pets that can live and thrive in a home environment. While the majority of house pets in America tend to be cats and dogs, statistics show that there is a marked increase in more exotic pets. This course will give a basic set of guidelines on caring for more exotic types of house pets including rabbits, hamsters, gerbils, rats, guinea pigs, birds, and snakes. These are basic guidelines only as each animal may have many different types of breeds with specific characteristics. By following these guidelines, a current or future pet owner will learn how to choose a pet, what care is required, expected expense, feeding schedules, possible health and veterinary requirements, and how to create a lasting bond that will benefit pet and owner alike."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.