Sunday School: Personal Finance
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we will help you get ready for tax season with a few of the Finance classes that are available through Universal Class for free to patrons who hold Beauregard Parish library cards.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking, but there are many others available. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Personal Finance 101: How to Manage Your Money
- "During this course, you'll learn the ins and outs of your individual financial journey in a fun and unique way--as a travel itinerary. You'll be provided with everything you need to understand your spending habits, chart your progress, grow your current savings and achieve your dreams. This course is broken up into three parts: Plan, Execute and Travel. No matter where you are in your journey, by end of this course, you'll have a clear map to where you want to go and helpful hints to guide you along the way."
- Credit Report and Repair
- "Credit governs everyone's lives. It is what allows people to buy a house, get a car, have a credit card and generally live a life they cannot really afford. Sadly, many people get into a debt spiral that soon goes out of control. They have trouble keeping their head above water, and soon they fall under as the weight of debt drags them down.
Thankfully, credit can be managed and all it takes is having the ability to change how one lives their life. By implementing the lessons explained in this course, an individual will be able to take their credit and repair it."
- Investing 101: Stocks Bonds and Mutual Funds
- "This course will help you demystify the stock market and start making money! Everyone yes, everyone is sure to find something suitable in the stock market to invest in. It doesn't matter if you are looking for a very safe investment to protect your nest egg or a risky investment with a huge potential to make a killing! Everyone finds themselves along that spectrum and will discover that the stock market has investments for people who want to protect their savings and for people who want to grow their savings."
- Retirement Planning
- "Retirement for many of us can already be a fact of life. For others, it is looming on the horizon and the closer we get the more uneasy we feel about that next step.
We will talk about how to prepare for retirement and what you will do with your time. There are many of us who really wanted to do something else with our lives. Once you retire from your "real" job, you may be very pleasantly surprised to realize that you can now finally pursue the life of your dreams."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.