Sunday School: Career Development
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we'd like to bring your attention to courses that will help you get the job you want this year. These are essential skills for anyone looking to find a new job or advance in the jobs they already have. Universal Class has a section devoted to Career Training topics with a subsection on Career Development.
Here are some sample courses you might consider taking. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Resume Writing 101
- "One of the most important and intimidating steps in the job search process is writing a solid resume that gets the attention you want and need. Unfortunately, many job seekers get overwhelmed before they even get started. -- This course teaches you not just what a resume should look like, but what it should say. It walks you step-by-step through the creation of the most common sections found on resumes in today's job market. In addition to helping you determine what information should be included, it also goes a step further to help you realize what pitfalls to avoid when creating this powerful, job-searching tool."
- Interview Skills 101
- "Preparing for your job interview could very well be one of the most important moments of your career. Landing the perfect job can be a challenge, but with the determination and passion you will need to begin a successful career, you can easily overcome this challenge, and bring a lot of valuable experience with you to the next interview if you don't get the job.
Just a little preparation and thought ahead of time can have wondrous effects on your interviewing skills. This course will go over the issues and provide an in-depth analysis of the interviewing process. With some independent practice, this course can help you prepare successfully for any job interview!"
- Managing Your Career
- "This course will teach you the processes and strategies involved with successful career management. Whether you're contemplating starting a career, trying to choose a career path, or are looking to make changes or improvements to your career, this course will provide you with the information you need on your way to achieving success."
- Kinesics 101: Learn to Read Body Language
- "Having the ability to read body language can go a long way in helping you throughout your life. You can learn to understand the cues, or signs, that people show when they tell a lie, or when they are unsure of themselves. Knowing what to look for and how to use this information can be helpful in your personal life, as well as in your career. Being able to read body language can help you ace a job interview. It can make a date go smoother and it can help you excel at reaching your goals."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.