Sunday School: Nutrition and Wellness
Nutrition and Wellness
With this week's edition of Sunday School with Universal Class we'd like to bring your attention to courses that will help people who are interested in health and wellness. Maybe you made New Years Resolutions to lose those pounds you packed on over the holidays. Maybe you just want to eat more sensibly. There are many reasons people may choose, but this is a great time to use our free resources to help you.
Here are some sample courses you might consider on this topic. The descriptions are shortened, but there is more detail at Universal Class.
- Lifetime Wellness 101
- "This Lifetime Wellness course will give you a blueprint to help you feel alive, vital, confident and experience a state of well-being. -- Whether you're contemplating a second career or getting fit inside and out, this Lifetime Wellness course will help you design an entire existence worth of living. Learn about weight and diet, and the importance of exercise to maintain good health. You'll explore new ways to define yourself, not only by past accomplishments but by the possibilities you create for the future."
- Nutrition 101
- "Improve your health and your life through nutrition and exercise. Create nutrition and health goals to motivate you to become a healthier you. Make meaningful, lasting changes to your diet that last. -- Incorporate healthy nutrition and exercise habits in your routine so that you can be healthier, have more energy, and feel great!"
- Nutrition 201: A Closer Look
- "Nutrition is the science of food. Food science is always changing and evolving, and many of the basic questions about nutrition still remain unanswered. For example: what is the exactly correct proportion of food to eat each day? Why do some people struggle with weight while others don't? What is the best diet for disease prevention, health and athletic performance? -- This course will investigate the answers to some of these questions. It will explain how your body uses food, and which types of food serve which purpose."
- Weight Loss Management
- "People decide to lose weight for a multitude of different reasons. For many, improved health is one of the best motivators for lifestyle change, and that is what this online class will focus on: the improved health benefits of weight loss, exercise, improved nutrition, and long-term weight management."
- Vegetarianism 101
- "Are you curious about vegetarianism or thinking about becoming a vegetarian? You are not alone! Millions of people have made the switch to vegetarianism. Why? Because there are so many benefits, including for your health, the planet, and the animals! -- This course is jam-packed with information, tips and advice on making the switch."
There are over 500 different courses available. If these are not to your interest, log in to Universal Class. You're bound to find something you like!
If you need a reminder of how Universal Class works, please click this introductory post.